DescriptionRamona Park was an amusement park located on the western shore of Reeds Lake in East Grand Rapids, Michigan from 1903-1954. Thousands of families visited each year until the 1950s, when gasoline for cars became more available, and people began vacationing elsewhere. The park was owned and operated originally by the Grand Rapids Street Railway Company, and also after it became the Grand Rapids Motor Coach Company. It featured attractions such as the Jack Rabbit Derby Racer roller coaster, merry-go-round, fun house, mystic chutes, Ferris wheel, bumper cars, rocket swings and a miniature train. The park also included the Ramona Theatre which hosted vaudeville shows, musicals, silent film shorts, and favorite local and national entertainers. Ramona Gardens was initially a dance hall which, in the late 1930s, hosted the best of the big bands, and in 1942, became a roller skating rink.