DescriptionThomas B. Perkins was the proprietor at Perkins & Co., a photography company, in the 1880s. By the 1890s, he partnered with Alva B. Richmond to form the Perkins & Richmond Co. This store sold things ranging from bicycles to typewriters to photography supplies. Perkins & Richmond moved locations several times during the 1890s and was open until at least 1898. Volume 5089 of the Congressional Series of United States Public Documents credits him as having improved the porcupine boiler in 1903.