This Ku Klux Klan ensemble, sometimes referred to as a glory suit by Klansmen, consists of three pieces that include a robe, hood, and carrying bag. The ankle-length robe is made of white cotton and has long straight sleeves. There is a cape attached to the neckline that falls to the back waistline and it has a two-ply cord around the waist that is attached at the back. There were originally five mother-of-pearl buttons down the center front however only three remain. This robe also has a snap-on patch known as the Mystic Insignia of a Klansman (MIOAK) on the proper left side of the chest. This insignia, commonly referred to as the blood drop cross, is a round red circle with a white X and a blood drop in the center. The blood drop is said to represent the blood shed by Jesus Christ at the Crucifixion and the patch on this robe appears to have been attached upside-down. The hood is made of white cotton and is stiffened using oilcloth from the crown up. It also has eye holes and a faded red tassel made of yarn attached to the tip. This ensemble is accompanied by a black carrying bag with snap closures and the number "242" written in yellow.This Ku Klux Klan ensemble was purchased by the donor with the intent to donate it to the Grand Rapids Public Museum. It was bought at a 1992 auction in Fremont, Michigan where a collection of 1920's Newaygo County Klan memorabilia was discovered in the attic of Ledford Anderson's farmhouse as it was being readied for an estate sale. In Anderson's youth, he was the treasurer of Klavern 29 which was the Newaygo Chapter of the Ku Klux Klan. The auction consisted of over 250 items which included numerous photographs, 39 robes, the framed charter of the Klan, and many more objects.