Box Turtle, Carapace & Plasteron
Terrapene carolina carolina
3" h 3.5" w 4 3/4" d
Current Location Status:
Purchased With Funds From Friends Of The Public Museum Docentry League
Investigate: Plant & Animal Adaptations
(September 2018)During the Investigate program, students will take the role of Museum curators and use close observation and critical thinking to discover the origin, meaning, and importance of real objects from the Museum’s Collection.
- Learners will be able to analyze primary sources (specimen) and make inferences about them based on detailed observations.
- Learners will be able to describe what an adaptation is and be able to provide examples of adaptations specific animals and plants use to survive in their habitats.
- NGSS Disciplinary Core Ideas: From Molecules to Organisms: Structures and Processes; Biological Evolution: Unity and Diversity
- NGSS Science and Engineering Practices: Constructing Explanations; Engaging in Argument from Evidence
- Michigan K-12 Social Studies Standards: P1 Reading and Communication, P2 Inquiry Research and Analysis
Seller - Funds from General Operating FundSkulls Unlimited