The Studebaker Corporation was formed in 1852 as a blacksmith shop by brothers Henry and Clement Studebaker in South Bend, Indiana. The company manufactured horse-drawn wagons for farmers, miners, westward settlers, and even the Civil War’s Union Army. Around the turn of the century, they began making automobiles, unleashing their first gas-powered vehicle in 1904, a two-cylinder, 16-horsepower touring car. By 1913, Studebaker was the third-largest producer of automobiles in America with all the required assembly happening in Detroit. 114 years later, Studebaker closed its production line on March 17, 1966, leaving a legacy of drivers clubs 15,000 fans strong, a national museum, and direction for the future cars of America.