This white wedding dress is made of satin and has a long train. The bodice has a peter pan collar and satin covered buttons down the center front. The sleeves are long and there are three tiered caps at the shoulders. The skirt is gathered at the waist. This wedding dress was worn by Barbara Lovell at her wedding to Edmund R. Eisenwein Jr.. The Ceremony was December 4, 1948, at South Congregational Church in Grand Rapids. The dress was purchased at The Bride's Room in Wurzburg's Department Store in downtown Grand Rapids.
Wurzburg's Department Store Wurzburg's Department Store was founded by Frederick W. Wurzburg in October of 1872. Two of Frederick's sons, William and Edmund, went on to run the store. Wurzburg's took over the previous location of Herpolsheimer's in 1951 on 101-13 Monroe Northwest in Grand Rapids. Wurzberg's was in business until at least 1972.