Photographs, Grand Rapids Railway Company, Civic Activities
Photographs, Grand Rapids Railway Company, Civic Activities


Comments and Tags

Be the first to comment on this item!



Photographs ➔ Photographs, Grand Rapids Railway Company, Civic Activities

Identifier:
178044.295
Description:
Double sided advertisement or short feature of Grand Rapids Railway Company from unknown publication.  

First page describes company's civic engagement and role operating Ramona Park in East Grand Rapids.  Back page shows two photographs of Grand Rapids Railway Company streetcars advertising safety of streetcar transportation.  Wealthy and Stocking streetcars are shown in downtown Grand Rapids.

 
Date:
1912 – 1920
Dimensions:
11.75" h 9" w
Current Location Status:
In Storage
Rights:

Makers/Donors
Grand Rapids Railway Company
Grand Rapids Street Railway Company later became the Grand Rapids Motor Coach Company.

Grand Rapids Railway Company owned and operated Ramona Park on the Western Shore of Reeds Lake in East Grand Rapids for many years.  The park was open from 1903-1954.  See Ramona Park entity for more information.  


Grand Rapids Railway Company
Grand Rapids Street Railway Company later became the Grand Rapids Motor Coach Company.

Grand Rapids Railway Company owned and operated Ramona Park on the Western Shore of Reeds Lake in East Grand Rapids for many years.  The park was open from 1903-1954.  See Ramona Park entity for more information.  


Ramona Park
Ramona Park was an amusement park located on the western shore of Reeds Lake in East Grand Rapids, Michigan from 1903-1954. Thousands of families visited each year until the 1950s, when gasoline for cars became more available, and people began vacationing elsewhere. The park was owned and operated originally by the Grand Rapids Street Railway Company, and also after it became the Grand Rapids Motor Coach Company. It featured attractions such as the Jack Rabbit Derby Racer roller coaster, merry-go-round, fun house, mystic chutes, Ferris wheel, bumper cars, rocket swings and a miniature train. The park also included the Ramona Theatre which hosted vaudeville shows, musicals, silent film shorts, and favorite local and national entertainers. Ramona Gardens was initially a dance hall which, in the late 1930s, hosted the best of the big bands, and in 1942, became a roller skating rink. 
Related Objects