Photographs ➔ Photograph, George E. Fitch in front of the Cycloid Cycle Company Shop located at 488 South Division, Grand Rapids Michigan in 1895.
Photograph, George E. Fitch in front of the Cycloid Cycle Company Shop located at 488 South Division, Grand Rapids Michigan in 1895. Frank A. Simmons President, James Cooper Vice-President, Claud D. Freeman Secretary, and J.C. Simonds Treasure. Bicycle Manufactures. The Plant was near Franklin Street, then 5th Avenue, Note the wood plank sidewalks on Division Avenue. Number listed in pencil 488.
The Camera Shop The Camera Shop was formed in 1908 by Walter K. Schmidt (1865-1938) to provide photo supplies to the Grand Rapids, Kent County Michigan community. He retained ownership of the Camera Shop until 1936. All of the known photographs which carry the Camera Shop markings come from the era of Schmidt’s ownership. The Grand Rapids Public Museum and the Grand Rapids Public Library have photographs from the Camera Shop in their collections.