Workers operate machinery while a man in a suit supervises in Brower Furniture Company. Lumber is stacked on carts around the table saws. By the mid 20th century, many furniture companies had purchased industrial machinery for quicker furniture production.
This photograph has been altered and contains nudity.
Originally, makers of chairs "in the white" to match tables and case goods of other local manufacturers, principally Imperial Furniture Co., Grand Rapids Chair Co., and Hekman Furniture Co. Located at Ann St. and Turner Ave., formally the Field Motor Company.
1919: Company is founded by John M. Brower (son of designer John E. Brower) and the heads of several local firms, to supply them with chairs.
1974: Becomes a division of the Great Wester Group, Inc.
1927: Adds a contract furniture line, for which it manufactured, upholstered, and finished chairs, tables, and companion pieces for retail stores, hotel dining rooms, clubs, school dormitories, and ships.