This is a black and white photograph of an electric streetcar in Grand Rapids, Michigan. A group of young people are posed alongside it. The streetcar, named “Sherwood Hall,” is a part of the #3 Lafayette route. A “GRR” logo on the side of the car indicates that this car belonged to the Grand Rapids Railway Company, which developed out of the Consolidated Street Railway Company in 1900.
After the era of horsecars (1865 - 1892) and cable cars (1888 - 1891) had ended and before the era of motor buses (1932 - present) began, the city of Grand Rapids used electric streetcars (1891 - 1935) for its public transit system.
Grand Rapids Railway Company owned and operated Ramona Park on the Western Shore of Reeds Lake in East Grand Rapids for many years. The park was open from 1903-1954. See Ramona Park entity for more information.