This is a black and white photograph of an electric streetcar on a snowy street in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Several people are standing near the streetcar; several cars are parking along the street. Signage on the streetcar identifies it as part of the Scribner route, possibly the #5 Wealthy-Scribner route.
This streetcar may have been built by the the Cincinnati Car Company in 1912.
After the era of horsecars (1865 - 1892) and cable cars (1888 - 1891) had ended and before the era of motor buses (1932 - present) began, the city of Grand Rapids used electric streetcars (1891 - 1935) for its public transit system.
Grand Rapids Railway Company owned and operated Ramona Park on the Western Shore of Reeds Lake in East Grand Rapids for many years. The park was open from 1903-1954. See Ramona Park entity for more information.
Cincinnati Car Company The Cincinnati Car Company, later known as the Cincinnati Car Corporation, designed and built interurban railway cars, streetcars, and busses in Cincinnati, Ohio between 1902 and 1931.