This photograph depicts a section of Scribner Avenue between West Bridge Street and Bowery (later Douglas) Street, facing north.
Included in the picture are the facade of the new Scribner car barn (built in 1912 to replace the old one at Scriber Avenue and Turner Street) and an electric streetcar (bearing an advertisement for a Ramona Park attraction).
The Gerald R. Ford Presidential Museum and US-131 now occupy the area depicted in this photograph.
Grand Rapids Railway Company owned and operated Ramona Park on the Western Shore of Reeds Lake in East Grand Rapids for many years. The park was open from 1903-1954. See Ramona Park entity for more information.