This is a black and white photograph of Ottawa Avenue near Pearl Street in Grand Rapids, Michigan, view looking north. A light snow is falling.
Depicted in the photo are two electric streetcars, several trucks and cars, and the Waters Buildling (left).
The most prominent streetcar in the photograph, shown from the rear, is the GRGH&MRy (Grand Rapids, Grand Haven and Muskegon Railway, locally known as the “Muskegon interurban”) interurban car no. 19. The GRGH&MRy stopped providing rail service in 1928.
"The Grand Rapids, Grand Haven, and Muskegon Railway was organized 87 years ago in 1900 to construct an electric Interurban railroad between Grand Rapids and both Grand Haven and Muskegon. It cost a million and half dollars to build. It was equipped with 15 passenger cars, and three express cars and once [sic] maintenance away car called the Red Devil back then."
--Excerpted from an oral history of Interurban Railways given by Carl Bajema to the Tri-Cities Historical Museum ( http://loutitlibrary.org/research-learn/local-history/oral-history )