A black and white photograph of a streetcar) that has been damaged, likely in a collision. Another streetcar, barely seen in the photograph, may be towing the damaged streetcar to the car barn.
The damaged streetcar may have been built by G.C. Kuhlman Car Co. in 1907.
This photograph was likely taken in Grand Rapids, Michigan since it was donated along with a group of photographs that chiefly depict railways in the Grand Rapids area.
After the era of horsecars (1865 - 1892) and cable cars (1888 - 1891) had ended and before the era of motor buses (1932 - present) began, the city of Grand Rapids used electric streetcars (1891 - 1935) for its public transit system.
Grand Rapids Railway Company owned and operated Ramona Park on the Western Shore of Reeds Lake in East Grand Rapids for many years. The park was open from 1903-1954. See Ramona Park entity for more information.