Comments and Tags

Be the first to comment on this item!



Collection Tier:
Tier 2

GRVR: Old Streets ➔ 1906 Grand Rapids Press Building

Description:
The Grand Rapids Press was built originally as both offices and housed a newspaper plant, and was designed by Albert Kahn.
Additions to the building were built in the mid 1930's following the demolition of the Vendome Hotel.
The building was demolished in early 1969 when the Grand Rapids Press moved to a new building at 155 Monroe Ave NW, which was then demolished in 2015.
This plot of land was turned into a parking lot along with neighboring units until 2016 where it  became the site of a new high-rise apartment building.
Date:
1906 – 1969
Related Object