Photograph of a bus full of kids. Description from the Camera Shop index; July 26 1920 Carry-All bus, taken for Republic Motor Sales Co. The bus had a driver, two men and at least 15 children. The 1919 Polk City Directory lists Republic Motor Sales Co. at 214-16 Ionia Ave. NW.
Camera Shop number 20422.
The Camera Shop The Camera Shop was formed in 1908 by Walter K. Schmidt (1865-1938) to provide photo supplies to the Grand Rapids, Kent County Michigan community. He retained ownership of the Camera Shop until 1936. All of the known photographs which carry the Camera Shop markings come from the era of Schmidt’s ownership. The Grand Rapids Public Museum and the Grand Rapids Public Library have photographs from the Camera Shop in their collections.