These holiday pins depict Santa Claus for the Christmas shopping season at Wurzburg's. This item is significant for its historical association with a downtown Grand Rapids department store. The history of some of Grand Rapids' long-time retailers still resonates today because of the active role these businesses and their owners played in contributing to the development of the city, its economy, arts, and culture.
Wurzburg's Department Store Wurzburg's Department Store was founded by Frederick W. Wurzburg in October of 1872. Two of Frederick's sons, William and Edmund, went on to run the store. Wurzburg's took over the previous location of Herpolsheimer's in 1951 on 101-13 Monroe Northwest in Grand Rapids. Wurzberg's was in business until at least 1972.