Woven basket with rectangular shape and lid. Natural grass color with two blue-gray stripes. Each stripe has a light-colored zig-zag pattern running through it.;Accession file 4747 notes that the basket was made in the Congo.;The objects were originally obtained by Dr. and Mrs. H. Veazie Markham, medical missionaries of that church. The couple were appointed for life service to West Central Portuguese Africa (modern Angola) by the American Board of Commissioners for Foreign Missions, and they served there from 1927-1939. The objects were originally collected about 1930, and were exhibited at the East Congregational Church before being donated in 1948. However, dates of individual objects may vary widely.