Comments and Tags

Be the first to comment on this item!



Art
Postcards ➔ Painting, Grand Rapids Furniture Museum

Identifier:
125130
Description:
A framed painting of the Grand Rapids Furniture Museum in pastel, watercolor, and gouache with sand and mica applied to the surface by artist Edward Haas.

The work is very likely a copy of a postcard called a Mirro-Krome Card by H.S. Crocker Co.,Inc.  Published by Water Wonderland Card Co. on an unknown date.

The composition is on paper and is signed in pencil at the lower right in cursive "Edward Haas" and inscribed also in pencil in cursive "The Grand Rapids Furniture Museum-Michigan"

The Grand Rapids Furniture Museum operated from 1938 to 1959 in the former T. Stewart White house at 427 E. Fulton Street. Stewart Edward White, a son, donated the house to the city of Grand Rapids in 1935 in order for it to become the Grand Rapids Furniture Museum.
Date:
circa 1940 – 1950
Materials:
Paper, Paint, Pastels
Dimensions:
14 1/2"" h 19 1/2"" w ; 15 5/8"" h 20 6/8"" w 1/2"" d
Current Location Status:
In Storage
Source:
Gift Of Lepage Division Of Johnson And Johnson Pharmaceuticals
Rights:
Links:
http://www.historygrandrapids.org/photoessay/1694/400-e-fulton-before-davenport
Makers/Donors
Haas, Edward

LePage Division of Johnson and Johnson Pharmaceuticals
Related Place
Grand Rapids