Archival Collection #120 - Collectors' Club Of Grand Rapids
Archival Collection #120 - Collectors' Club Of Grand Rapids


Comments and Tags

Be the first to comment on this item!



Collection Tier:
Tier 2

Archival Collections
Archival Collections ➔ Archival Collection #120 - Collectors' Club Of Grand Rapids

Identifier:
2001.8.1
Description:
Archival Collection #120 - Collectors' Club of Grand Rapids includes the official records of the Collectors' Club of Grand Rapids from the time of its founding through the time of the collection donation. Included are minutes of the Board of Directors, minutes of members meetings, annual reports, print copies of member and guest presentations on various topics about antiques and collecting; membership lists and inventories of member activities; scrapbooks of news clippings on club and member activities; records of gifts to the Public Museum of Grand Rapids, Grand Rapids Art Museum, and Frederick Meijer Gardens; and miscellaneous information about the collection and care of antiques. Also added to this archival collection are files created by the Public Museum of Grand Rapids relating to its long term association with the Collectors' Club of Grand Rapids. 

A full listing of the contents of this collection can be found in the finding aid that is attached to the media section of this catalog entry.
Date:
1938 – 2001
Materials:
Paper, Cardboard, Faux Leather
Source:
Gift Of Collectors' Club Of Grand Rapids
Rights:

Makers/Donors
The Collectors Club of Grand Rapids
The Collectors’ Club of Grand Rapids was founded in 1938 “to increase authentic information concerning objects or materials of historical value or personal interest and to encourage the collecting of them.” This private club of collectors meets in member’s homes to hear presentations about antiques and collecting. The Club has had a long association with the Grand Rapids Public Museum as a donor of decorative arts and funds for acquisitions; and has also provided similar funds to the Grand Rapids Art Museum and the Frederick Meijer Gardens. 

The Collectors Club of Grand Rapids
The Collectors’ Club of Grand Rapids was founded in 1938 “to increase authentic information concerning objects or materials of historical value or personal interest and to encourage the collecting of them.” This private club of collectors meets in member’s homes to hear presentations about antiques and collecting. The Club has had a long association with the Grand Rapids Public Museum as a donor of decorative arts and funds for acquisitions; and has also provided similar funds to the Grand Rapids Art Museum and the Frederick Meijer Gardens.