This two-piece uniform is an American Red Cross uniform. It was worn by a member of the American Red Cross Motor Service during World War II.
The uniform is made of gray wool and is comprised of two pieces that include a jacket and skirt. It features an American Red Cross Motor Service patch on the proper left sleeve of the jacket as well as two red chevron patches and three bars on the cuff. The three bars represent three years of service. This uniform also consists of two A.R.C. insignias that were in the pocket of the jacket. The epaulets are green to represent the motor service of the American Red Cross.
American Red Cross The American Red Cross, also known as the American National Red Cross, was founded in 1881 by Clara Barton. It is an organization that provides emergency assistance, disaster relief, and education in the United States. In 1910 the Red Cross Nursing Service was founded by Jane Delano. The organization provided emergency and non-emergency services to the United States military. Currently, there are over 650 chapters and 36 blood service regions.