Ball-headed club of wood with engraved floral motifs along side of handle and leaf.;Probably carved for sale. Correction from hunting club to war club by Dave Hartman.;The objects were originally obtained by Dr. and Mrs. H. Veazie Markham, medical missionaries of that church. The couple were appointed for life service to West Central Portuguese Africa (modern Angola) by the American Board of Commissioners for Foreign Missions, and they served there from 1927-1939. The objects were originally collected about 1930, and were exhibited at the East Congregational Church before being donated in 1948. However, dates of individual objects may vary widely.
1876 – 1900
Current Location Status:
Gift Of East Congregational Church
Anishinabek: The People of this Place
Great Lakes TypeEast Congregational Church